In order to install Elastic Search on windows machine, Do the following steps:
- Go to link and Download the latest release Elastic Search installer
- Complete all the installation steps from downloaded installer:
- Go to Program Files\elasticsearch and then Go to folder Config
- Open elasticsearch.yml, UNCOMMENT and UPDATE cluster.name and node.name with your own values for cluster and node and save the file.
- Open Java folder from window explorer and copy file-path
- Set JAVA_HOME environment variable and set value of JAVA file path copied from above step. Follow the step mentioned in below pic to achieve desired result.
- In order to make sure Elastic Search is up and running, Click Start , click in the Start Search box, type services.msc , and then press ENTER.
- If Elastic Search service is not up and running then manually Start the elastic search service from the list
- Make sure service is up and running by typing http://localhost:9200/ in your browser.